Play Nine (physical game)

As a follow-up to all those "Card Golf" games a few posts ago, I was trying to spend "recognition points" at work and saw the Play Nine actual card game come up, and I had to have it as a follow-up.




It is exactly what we expected, an 8-card version of 6-card golf with custom cards.  The cards are numbered properly so you don't have to remember that queens are 11 or whatever.  The art is a perfect fit, with cartoon golf balls, and the 0-point card is a Mulligan.





The differences from the core Card Golf rules I posted previously:
1. You deal out two rows of four cards and flip two
2. You cannot just draw a card and discard it, if you do you still have to flip one of your face-down cards to face-up
3. the scoring has vertical pairs still count as zero, but two pairs are -10, three for -15 and 4 for -20.  A pair of -5s counts -20, two pairs of -5s counts -30.

And it gives you an official score pad with a little golf pencil for scoring.

The game runs quickly, no surprises.  A relaxing way to get away from the screens for a while.

I looked at the app version here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Escape from the Aquarium

Idle Planet Miner: Selling Your Galaxy

WarZone Idle