Idle Planet Miner: Tournament

It looks like the tournaments in IPM start on Fridays and run through the weekend.   I figured I was going to need some kind of paid boost to have any hope,  so I did splurge for the merchant ship (x2 to all values) and did some tapjoy tasks to get a few cash windfalls. 

I was able to reach the #2 spot early on, 

but after being away for a few hours I dropped down to #8, then #11...

and now after dinner and some distractions I am at the #17 slot with a galaxy value of $3.54B.  The top guy has a value of $2.01T or nearly 1000 times my points. 

So it still looks like ranking high enough to matter in one of the tournaments is either a full time job or a commitment of a lot of real dollars.  Although there are probably players with speed boosts of 10 or 20 times what I have reached, a difference of x1000 is a bit much. 

Jan 2 update: I ended up in 18th place and got no energy cells,  but I did get 8 resource stars, 50 day matter and promoted to the silver league where I should have even less chance of coming out on top. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Qwixx