Collapsi Part 2 - itch Apps

After trying Collapsi a few times and describing it last month, I ended up on itch.io and found a variety of "Play in Browser" versions of this little card game.  It's a surprisingly varied selection built in different tools with a range of design approaches.

You can find them all with a quick search, and I'm sure more will be appearing.  Here are the ones I looked at:

Collapsi by Wikiti. Last update 18 Aug 2025.
This was written using the Godot Engine, and covers the basics.  Play vs Player or Computer.  When its your turn, all cards you can land on are shown in red, which is a good visual aid.


Collapsi by Mad Moon Interactive. Last update 13 Apr 2026
This one was made in Unity with a neat 3-d board layout floating far above the Earth.  Here, you click one card at a time to get where you want to go.  PVP only.


CollapsiJS by Sentinel65. Last update 22 Jul 2025.
Made in Javascript.  This was has a dropdown to choose player color, PVP, Play vs Computer, and even has 3x3 and 4x4 solo modes.  I thought I saw a discussion on this page with the original Collapsi creator (Mark S Bell) about rules details, but now I don't see it.  I like that this one has detailed analytics and statistics.



Collapsi by gpoquiz. Last update 22 Jul 2025.
Another one made in Godot.  Everything in this one is so ... flippy.  Each letter of the main menu is a card that flip-flops.  The main game is okay, more flippy things.  Its handling of the rules and events felt right.

The point here is not who's right, or which approach is the best, but how an enjoyable new card game got out into the world and inspired many others to pitch in and code their own versions of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Escape from the Aquarium

Idle Planet Miner: Selling Your Galaxy

WarZone Idle