Lords of Discord - come and gone

The last new app of the week was Lords of Discord.  Again, this was turn-based, but this time the style was orthogonal and the combatants stand in specific spots and do their thing.  The initiative is show by sorting the icons at the top of the screen and as each guy's turn comes up, you can attack, defend, or wait.  Some guys have special abilities.  The usual stuff.

There was a castle screen, of course, but after the first visit, it was almost always covered up by a big frame trying to get me to go to the arena or whatever.  I was able to train two new troops, but I only had one slot open in my party.  There is a reasonable range of character types and art to choose from, but it just feels like something is missing.  I should be able to take more PCs out to explore, but I guess everything is perfectly balanced to the expected party strength.  I don't know.


It would add a lot if you could move a PC to a different space during battle.  The first time I put a new guy into the back row, he ha no ranged weapons or spells, and did nothing the entire time.

After about 15 minutes, ads started coming up.  Too many ads, wasting my time over and over again.  I'm not sure I will continue with this one either.

The standardization and reward-clicking of all these games makes me want to take some of my old solo D&D guys (1st edition) and one of the zillions of free dungeons or scenarios and throw some dice for a while.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ancient Games Book

Hounds and Jackals

My Only Scrabble Tournament