Portable Mini Golf?

At a Street Fair a few weeks ago, we ran into something we had never seen before.  It made sense, and has probably been around for many years.  But there it was: a selection of portable mini-golf courses.


There was a good variety of themes and designs, each about 6-8 feet long.  I found the nameplate of the company supplying the tables, but when I got home I couldn't find whatever receipt I had written it on.

The best match I can find is SD Pop Up Mini Golf - check out their site.  Both layouts shown above are on their gallery page here.  They have a system where you can rent a 6-hole or 9-hole or 18-hole course per hour for a minimum of 3 hours, with all kinds of sensible add-ons like custom score cards ($20 per 50) and an actual attendant on an hourly basis.

There are a lot of companies offering similar options for your neighborhood parties or fundraising events.  Not surprisingly, some of them can also bring over full cornhole tournament setups, giant chess, skeeball, and other outdoor games.

It's fun to think about all the possibilities.  The company where I work had an office party about a month ago where they had a cornhole tournament with four sets of two boards.  They also had a giant Jenga game which was scary, because when that thing came down, you could get fingers or toes banged up -- it was also so loud it freaked people out from twenty feet away.

We rarely find ourselves any place that has these kinds of events, but since I try to post about all the different ways that games find their ways into our lives, I figured I should report on these.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ancient Games Book

My Only Scrabble Tournament

Hounds and Jackals