Smallest. Games. Ever?

On a trip to Tucson this week, we stopped at the Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures.  It was so fascinating, with so many displays of different styles of miniatures, we ended up spending almost 3 hours gawking at them.  I was even inspired to write two poems capturing some of that feel.  But for my gaming blog I wanted to share this little gem:

It was a poker table in a miniature house at what looked like the standard 1:12 scale.  I needed my glasses to see that the cards had details, and had to zoom in on my phone to see just how detailed they were.  The cards were barely 1 by 1.5 mm, yet the face cards were vibrant and realistic.  I looked for other games in other miniature exhibits, but this was the only one I saw.  Just another example of how games have always been a part of our lives, part of so many stories, so many evening gatherings.

For fun, another exhibit was a re-creation of the famous "Dogs Playing Poker" painting:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Idle Planet Miner - Debris Fields