Chem Merge - I Beat the Game

Over on Chem Merge, my inquisitiveness got the best of me.  While I slowly made it to about element 45 without buying any additional coins, I wanted to know what happens when you hit element 118 Oganesson (Og), the heaviest known element in the real world.  I saw that the leaderboards had nobody with a higher element.  And sure, enough, once you get to 118 Og, you get the last achievement on Google Play, and then ... nothing.  If you do get two 118s next to each other, they do not merge, they sit there and will eventually clog up the screen and end the game.

I bought the 3000 coins for $2.16 five times to satisfy my curiosity, and it was a fun game to poke at on short breaks.  I continued playing just long enough to hit 2 million points.  From here, you will never get a bonus for a new element, so you will run out of coins.  You will still get the 150 coin daily bonus but at some point you will have to buy coins just to clear the extra 118s.  The game is effectively over.  I beat it.  I ended up ranked number 4 on score, but I'm not going to spend $$ to play to 3.1 million just for the top spot.  Somehow, I am ranked #55 on element, even though we all (1 through 55) have the maximum of 118.  Maybe that means I'm the 55th player to hit 118?  Looks like it, as the player right below me is only at 114.  I don't know.

I usually delete a game from my phone after beating it to my satisfaction.  I don't see a real reason to play this maxxed-out session to death and then fiddle around with lesser elements with nothing more to gain.  Kudos to the developers fora good solid run, with a touch of science on the side.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Idle Planet Miner - Debris Fields