Card Crawl - Quests

Card Crawl only has a few quests listed, but they are hard to pull off.  Getting your character to 25hp would require a few ability cards.  I have gotten mobs up to 20hp with the Faith card that doubles the next 3 cards.  Win 10 games with 20hp left sounds impossible.

The one I find interesting is the challenge to win 10 games without using ability cards.  I just spent all those short sessions trying to complete that tower of ability cards, only to have to discard them all as soon as they come up.  While I win 75% of the regular games, I have only won about 1 in 20 of these challenge attempts.  It feels like removing the ability cards leaves a little imbalance in monster cards versus defenses, but it's very close.  I tend to lose by only 1-3 hp each time.

After a few more tries, I decided that if there are 7 or less cards to beat, and it looks like it's not going to work out, I will start using ability cards.  So, skip the "no ability cards" attempt and just go for a win.  I will even store a powerful ability card in my pack for when the decision point comes -- I hope that doesn't count as "using" the card.

Interesting.  But there isn't much new to see after getting the full deck unlocked.  I suppose the daily challenges are interesting, with their endless variations, but I don't get the point system or why I should care about rankings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Origin of Othello?