Empires & Puzzles - Five Kingdoms & Museum

Empires & Puzzles had an interesting new event about a month ago called the Five Kingdoms, which was essentially the same as your regular faction wars but with 100 players per team.  

Trouble is, I have gotten tired of the faction wars, because you only get 6 attacks which use your strongest guys up front and get weaker as you continue.  Right now, my first team is about 4500, then a 4000, but by my 6th team I'm down to a strength of about 2600, and when I login after work there are usually only a few opponents available to fight, all with strengths of 4800+.  


So, the first 2 or 3 fights are fun, and the last 3 or 4 suck.  Sometimes it takes all three of my weakest teams to take out one hero from one team of one of those overpowered foes.  The balance just fails unless I can somehow put six equally strong teams out there.  There is hardly ever a damaged team where I can pick off one or two guys and feel like I'm helping. 

They also added a Museum feature, which you access by clicking the little door to the right of the main tower.  Here they list every hero available, along with a second tab with every story from every level of the world map.  Right now I have 41 out of 810 heroes, and the whole list is shown grouped by element and rarity, but it's a bit of a design flaw that it takes so much scrolling to find the ones I want to level up.  There really should be tabs so I can choose rarity and element and quickly get to the set I want to look at.

It's a nice feature, giving a glimpse of just how many characters there are.  What's a pain is that our main hero window can only show about 100 heroes and be leveled up 5 slots at a time for 200 gems.  Right now I can store 187 heroes, but it's almost always full.  So we can never technically have ALL the heroes at our disposal, but once you fully level-up a hero you can add them to the Museum and get one diamond for each star of rarity they have.  And then you can use that hero to train up other heroes, and they remain in the Museum.

It's a balance of too much vs convenience.  I would like to be able to use the museum to stash inactive heroes, then pull them from there into teams to take them out on the road for a while.  But that's not how it works, and there is too much scrolling in both interfaces.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Idle Planet Miner - Debris Fields