Minimal Dungeon RPG part 3

230224

Hacking my way through more levels of this fun little graphics-free RPG ...

Stage 18 was Interception.

Stage 19 is Conflict, and my level 111 feels like just the right strength to complete it: 1675 HP, 445 AP, 2078 ATK, 997 DEF, 535 RCV.  With some well-timed dodges I can beat 17000 HP creatures.  The overall balance of levels has always been spot on.  Assuming you break every box and get all the bits that pop out, you will always have enough keys and enough coin for the stat boosts.

I finally got a complete set of something: the mythic set for double leech.  A new set has been popping up with level 110 gear, the Ancient Set which gives double bonus attack.  I have 3 of 4 of these.

Stage 20 is Anpassi City, and everywhere I go folks are interested in whatever they think is in my backpack.  This is a new base level with 3 gardens, grapes for $3K, legendary gear for $30K, and the usual spaces.

Level 120 and I can now wear the full Ancient set.  My stats: 1869 HP, 502 AP, 2421 ATK, 1172 DEF, 593 RCV.
 

230227:

Level 128 with a full set of ancient armor = 2157 HP, 520 AP, 2919 ATK, 1314 DEF, 643 RCV.
Stage 21 is The Man.  Stage 22 is The Prophet.  Stage 23 is Loot of Legend.

The level scaling gets a bit silly in places.  I don't mind an occasional 15000 HP chicken as a gag, and 17000 HP is fine for an imp king.  But 18000 HP for a vicious pigeon?  Meh.  Funny how fragile our non-realities can be.

Sometimes there are caves shown in a space, but after you go and find the key they turn into gravel or trees.  I suppose it was just a trick of the shadows...

One recurring character who gives keys is the dwarf, who first pines for his Middle Earth home (ha ha) then pops out the key for you.  There is a guy named Woody who will buy 88 wood for $1014, tap twice for that.  And another guy (the Administrator) wanted 3 begonias for a prize.



3/1/22:

Stage 24 is Knowledge.

Level 138: 2424 HP, 571 AP, 3579 ATK, 1544 DEF, 695 RCV.  I can struggle to take down 33K HP targets -- I do like those fights that come down to the last bunch of dodges or blocks or crits, and who heals faster.  So of course the final ogre boss has 41K.

Stage 25 is "Out There".  Now we're heading for the Towers of the Gods.  The story fragments are actually quite interesting.  This level has a Cave of Wonder space that loads a map called Lodge's Trials.  Good use of flavor text to give the illusion of exploration.  This little side quest has a 35K HP warband that I can't down uner 8K for some reason -- it heals faste than I do, then I go to zero and it fully recovers again.  Unless I get a dodge or block every time, it slowly creeps back up to full.  Meanwhile, the 35K gnarled hag on the main map went down just fine.  Hmm..

When I go to the Dreamlands (Shard 22) that say recommended level 140, the foes are only 23K to 25K, so maybe I just got ahead of myself on the main Story.  At one point I did swap out the set of ancient gear for non-set gear with much higher bonuses and was not nearly as effective.

Level 146 = 1896 HP, 644 AP, 3945 ATK, 1670 DEF, 761 RCV.  After Stage 25 was a new base map called Temple: same as last base but Legendary Loot is $50K.  Stage 26 is "Passing By".

March 6 update:

Stage 27 is Mirage

Level 167 = 3087 HP, 732 AP, 4355 ATK, 1983 DEF, 960 RCV.  The 60KHP foes in Level 27 are just out of my reach at this level, but the 35KHP guys in Dreamlands 25 are just a bit too easy.  Both the Adventure and Dreamlands runs get interrupted by "gravely injured" events.  Tree => boom, in your face, limp home.

I can't say it has not become redundant or dull.  It's the kind of thing you just play a level every now and then, not something you play through for hours at a time.

#

Stage 27 was a bit odd.  The next to last room had two 61KHP sandworms that I couldn't get past, until I leveled up a few more times and found a serious upgrade to my frost set.  Then the actual boss was a mere 48KHP "sandworm king" who went down easily.

My full frost set is:
sword Lv 155: ATK+437, Total ATK +20%, Crit chance +21%, Immunity +17%
ring Lv 150: ATK+409, Total ATK +19%, Crit chance +20%, DMG +16%
armor Lv 150: HP+151, Crit dmg +25%, Block chance +13%, Block str +21%
boots Lv 145: DEF+372, Crit dmg +23%, crit chance +9%, Block chance +13%

Stage 28 is A Small Hill, which starts off with your snail named Bun (remmeber Bun??) snuggling up to the hill, which turns out to be a huge snail.

Stage 29 is Evolution, where the snail gets huge and runs away.  Or licks you.  I don't remember.

Kudos to the developers for having "Escher Lizards" as a foe.  An obvious shout-out to famous artist M.C. Escher and his mind-boggling graphical arts.

#

Stage 30 is Godspeed which has an odd little quest arc: you take the link to Bopo Village where there is a sick child and two NPCs who say the doctor is lost in the woods and you need an antidote, which isn't in that little area so I suppose you have to go back out to the main stage and look for it an remember to come back.  Nicely done, but there really are no possible items to give as rewards that I haven't seen over and over again.

My full ancient set:
sword Lv 165: ATK+503, crit chance +21%, DMG + 18%, crit damage +64%
ring Lv 130: ATK+288, crit chance +18%, leech +1%, crit damage +38%, immunity +15%, DMG +15%
armor Lv 155: HP+166, block chance +13%, crit dmg + 27%, crit chance +9%
boots Lv 135: DEF+309, block chance +13%, block str +21%, dodge +8%, crit damage +21%, crit chance +9%
full set = double bonus attack

That's about the same as the other set once everyting is added up, but much higher crit chance, which is how I like it.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Origin of Othello?