Empires & Puzzles again

A few weeks back I was looking to delete some apps I hadn't played in a while.  I saw Empires & Puzzles which I played heavily 2-3 years ago, and thought about removing it, but once we've invested so much time and levels (and sometimes actual cash) into one of these, it's hard to just click Uninstall.

I ran it, and it was a nice homecoming.  All so familiar, there was my strange assortment of heroes again.  Boy does it spam the ads whenever you go back to your base, though, usually 5 or 6 in a row.  No, I don't want that, or that ...or THAT.  The offers go up to $29.99 and more, so be careful what you click on.

I got to play their Valentine's Day special event, fighting angry boxes of chocolate, Cupid & friends.  That was fun for thes first 12 levels or so, then got out of my league.  They had a Wild Pets event for about 3 days, and I did invest a few $$ into the summons to get Ferdinando the big dog and some angry muskrat to add to my teams.


Since my last visits, they added a Season 5 with a theme of ancient Egypt, with all the expected gods & heroes & animals and half-animals, but also some dopey mobs like the angry canopic jars.  Points for putting the phrase "canopic jars" out there for inquisitive kids to learn about -- those are the jasr where the internal organs are placed during the mummification process.  And yes, there were mummies of cats and falcons and other beloved animals as well.

They just opened a new Museum feature on the main tower last week.  This is a big scrolling window where you can display all of the heroes that you have leveled up to their maximum.  There's way too much scrolling through empty boxes here, since I have only about 12 out of 700 or so.  Each costume counts as a new hero in here.  Interesting, but not quite what I thought the museum might be -- and they spent 20 days teasing us that it was coming...

Anyway, this is a fun game to come back to after a while.  The match-3 battle has an odd sort of logic of its own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Idle Planet Miner - Debris Fields