Idle Planet Miner update: Space Station?

Idle Planet Miner posted an update this morning (12/21), where the main new addition is a Space Station near the center of the map.  The Space Station has a tree of new goals and powers based on energy cells, which you win in Tournaments.  Now, I have never seen a Tournament screen in the game, but it sounds like this is the bottom icon which issues a challenge to sell your galaxy and see how fast you get back up to a million.  That Challenge screen says nothing about energy cells, though.  So that wasn't very well rolled out.

Still, I've been thinking of selling my galaxy again anyway, since there's not much left to build or research.  I've already hit the very last smelter recipe and last crafter recipe.

Let's see ... my galaxy value is $49.78Q, which is worth 1235 credits (x2 if I use 100 of the dark matter than I just got through playing Dice Dreams on Tapjoy).  Double the credits for 2470.  Click the Sell button.  Step one is new rooms.  Dorms give Crafting price 1-% for 642cr.  Terrarium would give Colonization Prices -10% (don't care) and Sales would give Alloy/Item values x1.15.  Either would cost 934cr.  Buy Sales.  Next new room would cost 1351cr, it shows Classroom for x1.15 to all manager bonuses (meh).

898cr left for upgrades.  Aeronautical lv 3 (8cr) and 3 (12cr) and lv 4 (18cr) for ship speed x2.5.  Same for packaging for x2.5 cargo.  Smelt speed lv 9 (62cr) for smelt speed x2.  Same for workshop for Craft Speed x2.  Oops, hit Craft speed again (82cr) for Lv 11 (x2.1 speed).  Dorms lv 2 & 3 (21cr,29cr) for craft prices -19%.

Well, let's save the rest for future upgrades and get the new galaxy going.

By 6PM today (12/23) I was able to get the galaxy up to $85M.  I only have about 10 minutes in the morning and a few breaks during the day to mess with it.  But this first "Challenge" is almost over so I will soon know if this is how we're supposed to get those new energy cells.

12/25 update: that Challenge ended with my galaxy at $87M and I think I got 2 resource stars and 15 dark matter, but nothing about energy cells.  The same icon later said Tournament instead of Challenge and listed 4 tiers of rewards for the top 100 players in each tier.  I had almost no time to tinker with the game, and when my galaxy was at a measly $9M the top guy in the copper tier was at $15q, over a million times the value of my galaxy.  So, yeah, it feels like ranking high in one of these tournaments might be a full-time job.

I was busy all day but ended up rank 78 in the copper league, which gave exactly nothing.  Why bother having a reward listed if it's all zeroes?

I'm not feeling hopeful about ever getting an energy cell or being able to use that new Station they just added.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Idle Planet Miner - Debris Fields