Chemistry Games: Intro

About a year ago, when I wrote about the chemistry games I had as a kid (Chem Rummy and Disintegration), I went looking for some apps for my tablet or phone which were sensible chemistry games.  They are not easy to find.  They seem to fall into two categories of play: quizzes (flash cards, etc) with limited gameplay or flashy nonsense chemistry (mad scientist stuff).  Most look like personal or hobby projects, which I always like to check out.  Some are obviously meant for kids, which is good, and sometimes the kid stuff is more fun.  So let's see what I have found so far.  I am looking in the Google Play store for apps with ratings of at least 3.5. 

I will be splitting this into topics for the next few posts.



What I would like to see:

I would like to see a commercial-quality game where you have complex, real-world crafting trees.  I did some drafts of games of this wort when I was building web-based apps.  It's not that hard to make a tech tree with real compounds and a few hundred reactions, with a goal of building some important industrial products.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Qwixx