Idle Planet Miner: still grinding away

Over in Idle Planet Miner, it's just a grind.  I'm not sure why I even continue with it.  I just bought the $10T planet and STILL can't get any inerton to complete the researches.  The only researches I could do were one for a space probe and 43 plasma torches which took about 2 weeks, and now this one that needs 129 telescopes...

Well, a rough estimate from memory says that a telescope is 16 lenses and an advanced computer plus over an hour each; each lens is one glass and one silver and 9m; each advanced computer is 4 basic computers and some other thing plus 20min, each basic computer needs 4 circuits and some copper wire (7min), each circuit needs 8 copper wire and some silicon.  It's easily 200 hours of crafting time.  Sure, I can set up my 5 crafters to produce 100 lenses then run 100 circuits the next day, but it's crazy.  The idle time maxes out at 240 minutes.


As far as getting to those 10 trillion game $$, I have over a billion copper ore but even if I sell it all at $1 each it won't even register on the money display when it says 6.94T, because it's only 0.001T.  I was able to make some wind turbines for about $20B each and see the number go up by a blip or two.  So maybe we can spend some time making a few of the high end items in between other things and wait for markets to go up.

10/23 update: I finally got to planet 37 (cost $25T) and am now producing inerton on my own.  I have 15 inerton alloy and can complete the advanced smelting research to get x4 smelting speed for just another 7 thermal scanners.  I'm up to 93 telescopes, but that's crazy slow.

10/29 update: 117 telescopes and I got thr $62T to unlock the next planet.  I started a spreadsheet of all the planets, researches and "stuff" in the game but I don't think I've seen a single new thing in over 6 months.  I guess the pace speeds up each time you sell your galaxy, but right now, even if I spend 100 dark matter to double it, I'm only going to get 850 credits, and the next new room costs 625 credits for a 10% boost to crafting materials.  Such a grind.  I do have 340 inerton blocks now.  If I ever finish those telescopes, I will look at using those to unlock more things.  But the key discovery - the debris field - still needs an item that needs some advanced alloy I can't even make yet.

10/31 update ... i got my 129 telescopes and the only research left that I can do involves 48 advanced computers, a smaller project but still a few days of grinding.  The next planet costs 160T.  I have stockpiled 650 inerton alloy but have none of the more advanced ores yet.


11/9 update... planet 40 finally has quadium, thats the planet that costs 400T. My galaxy value has topped $1q and I could get 575 credits if I sold it and started over.  I would prefer that the game had enough content that it didn't require restarting over and over.

11/13 update: got planet 41 for $1q but it had no new ores, just osmium and quadium.  I also went for crafter #6 for $250T since crafting is the main bottleneck.  Still working on the debris field research, I have the collider and 1 of 7 of the gravity chambers and now crafting advanced computer 48 for the next chamber.  As I said, grinding away.  If I sell my galaxy again this could all go 10% faster but it would take 2 months to get back to where I'm at. 

11/22 update: the 4q planet was still just quadium so I am saving up for the 6.2q planet.  I got 5 of 7 of the gravity chambers done, and have 33 of 48 advanced computers for the next one..  The last 2 reactors are already built so maybe I will have the debris field research done this weekend.  I have 6 planet boosts saved up so when I do finally get a planet that mines scrith I can jump start it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Qwixx