LOE Marine Reptile Event

LOE is now running a Marine Reptile limited-time event.  Like the previous event, there are three days to level up 8 creatures as high as possible, and tons of pay-to-play options to avoid along the way.  I made it to number 1 on Sunday. which was a fun goal to hit. 

 

Then I had to go back to work, so other players had half a day to pass me by, but I was still 4th when I got home monday night.  I pushed back to number 1 with a few minimal strategic purchases, and when I woke up tuesday it was over and I ended at number 3.  This time I got screenshots of all the (relevant) tier and rank bonuses and creatures.  

So, for the $ spent, this is a good way to get a huge variety of in-game goods, including ones I did not even know about.

I'm a bit annoyed at myself that I spent about $25 on this thing, but there is a psychological draw to wanting the highest numbers you can get.  While the selection of chests in the event offers a range of things you might need, don't forget that back in the main game, shop page, for each $6.99 you spend you get a bonus 600 diamonds, which you can go back and turn into 4 hours of evolution.

Don't take those free chests until a quest comes up saying to unlock 2 or 3 chests, then grab them.  Otherwise, the quests just translate levels and breeding tiers into trophies, which get you progressively higher bonuses, regardless of where you rank at the end.  Next time I will spend $0 and see if I can get maybe 300 trophies and be happy with it.  Just don't look at the leaderboards.  Except that this is the only app I have where I have any chance of getting into the leaderboards ... others have millions of people clicking all day long, probably dumping tons of $ into boosters.

It is up the air about whether any of this is "worth it".  We could have paid $40 to go see the Dune movie.  Wait, we're going to do that anyway after the crowds die down a bit.  We had no problem paying $3.99 to "rent" Starfall (James Bond) without ever having the physical thing in our hands.  It's a far cry from the best deal I ever got in entertainment/gaming, which was Minecraft, where I paid $20 over 11 years ago and have created a dozen worlds and hundreds of YouTube videos, and it still works twenty major updates later.  But we are in an awkward new world where we blissfully trickle out a few dollars here and there for things that are in no way real.  On the other hand, I have spent $30-50 for hardcopy board games only to play them once or twice and move them to the Sell pile, only to never have them actually sell.  Or $20 for a piece of fish at a restaurant, that was probably only worth $7.

And now that my membership (whatever it was) has expired, it's back to being pretty tedious.

Who knows ... we entertain ourselves in so many different ways.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Qwixx