LOE: Human Evolution Journey

 I was just clicking around in LOE (Life on the Earth) and saw they have special events.  A bit hard to find in the interface with so many buttons and widgets, but it's the second button on the top left.  Click to see if there is an event ongoing, and Enter from there.  This week's event is the Human Evolution Journey.  It uses hormone instead of catalyst to level up organisms, and the competition is based on how many trophies you end up with.  There are only 8 hours left, and the prizes only go down to rank 100, and I'm at rank 135.  There are 8 cards, so I assume 8 organisms.  So far it's: genetic material, myllokunmingia, tiktaalik (first vertebrate with a true neck), and I just unlocked archaeothyris.  There are always three quests across the top showing chests, complete them to get the chests, which in the event always have some number of trophies.  The quests are things like: unlock a species, level up a species to X, total level of all species = X, get X cards, and so on.  Then there is the lucky wheel that's available every 2-4 minutes that lets you jump ahead in production, from 10 minutes to 2 hours.  I am at 320 C and getting 101 B/sec.  (9:33) Now 75 trophies, rank 113. I can pay attention to those little quests, put the tokens where they need to be.

(9:41) Now I have unlock megazostrodon for 3 trophies (cost is 4.23 D and I'm up to 2.22 D), rank archaeothyris to level 200 (it's at 150 and getting expensive) for 3, or breed twice for 15 trophies.  Got 7.3 D from the lucky wheel, unlocked, hit the second quest, now at 99 trophies, rank 87.  If the other players would go to bed I could stay in the top 100.  ;-)
 
Oh look, under Restricted Gift you can make a one-time $49.99 purchase to get 100 trophies and 16,000 diamonds.  Darn pay-to-play options.  Can't we just have a level playing field, or at least the illusion of one?

Quest: Open 2 chests for 2 cards, 2 trophies, 20 hormone.  Sure, chests are just 80 diamonds and I have over 3000.  You do get a free chest every 10 minutes or so -- I think each time you get a free chet the cooldown is one minute longer than last time.  I got the card I needed to breed that second time, up to 116 trophies, rank 63.

Around 11pm, I poked at it some more.  I was able to leverage those diamonds from the golden tour into chests (as there were occasional quests to open 2 or 3 chests that gave a few trophies), but the biggest boost was 280 diamonds for an instant four hours of output, which towards the end was as high as 500 G.  Some of the big milestones, like unlocking the new species, gave 10 trophies, and a few near the end (get total of all levels up to 3000) were a drain but gave 15 trophies.  So I ended up with 347 trophies at bedtime, 9th place.  And in the morning I had held on to 10th place.  I never ever get any decent ranking in these things.  As a huge surprise, instead of one award, it looks like they gave me all lower awards as well, since there were 10 emails full of goodies.  A huge amount of stuff.

Looking at the new event that just started, I sorted out what happened with those last event rewards.  There are awards for reaching certain levels of trophies, PLUS the final ranking awards.  But the tabs for the level rewards was blank.  Overall, I got this: 1000 + 1000 + 3000 + 7000 + 20K catalyst, 100 + 2000 diamonds, 2 + 2 + 11 + 11 + 11 large chests, 30 reorg tools, 30 stabilizer, speed x15 24hr, 1 golden crystal, 50 crystal tickets.  That's quite a haul!


 Final list of organisms:

genetic material, myllokunmingia, tiktaalik, archaeothyris, megazostrodon, plesiadapis, australopitechus, homo sapiens.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empires & Puzzles: End of Season 5

Peace by Peace: Succulents

Qwixx